Green Christmas Challenge
Christmas is a beautiful time of year to enjoy with friends and family. A time to relax and enjoy the beautiful color palette in nature, the scent of delicious diners and the taste of a hot beverage. This year, a fellow-artist and I decided that we wanted to spread some sustainability by hosting a Green Art Challenge during the Christmas season. This challenge will be catered around eco-friendly practices to celebrate the most magical time of the year with some green Christmas cheer! #greenchristmaschallenge
Hosted by: @hightreesustainableart; @lostincolours_austria ; @elmahogeboom on Instagram.
This challenge encourages artists worldwide from all walks of life to adopt sustainable and/or eco-friendly ways to draw, paint, letter, and/or create (upcycle/recycle) anything that Christmas makes you think of and have a positive impact on your environment.
How it works:
1. This challenge requires you to be free in your thoughts and imagination and most importantly enjoy yourself.
2. You must be true to yourself towards a green earth.
3. You are only allowed to use materials that have sound ecological credentials. For eg. Eco-friendly watercolours (ochres/plant pigments), crayons made with beeswax, natural material such as leaves, twigs, wool, stones etc. Or oil colours that have been sustainably made with natural ingredients/organic vegetable oils.
4. You cannot use: ACRYLICS, Resins or any Colors that contain heavy metals and toxic trace metals or pigments derived from insects.
5. Upon submission of your work, please mention the materials used.
6. Use the hashtag #greenchristmaschallenge in your post and tag the hosts. Kindly make sure your account is public, so it’s visible to us.
7. Post your entries from the 24th of November – 10th of December 2018. Each participant can submit up to two entries.
This sure is a one of a kind challenge, but one that is worth doing for your environment! So come along with us to participate in the #greenchristmaschallenge!
Share it on your page to let your friends know, or tag your creative friends so that they too can join in towards creating awareness about celebrating Christmas or any other holiday in a more eco-friendly and sustainable way! Also check the stories of the hosts for inspiration.
We will be randomly selecting two winners on the 12th of December 2018. The winners will either receive a sustainable A4 art print of their choice from Hightree Sustainable Art Co. or a recently released “Surprise in Sea Shells” set of eco-friendly Lostincolours handmade watercolours along with khaki papers from Lost in Colours Austria.
Happy early Christmas!
Thanks for visiting my blog! My name is Elma Hogeboom and I am a sustainable artist. On my blog you can find several articles about my thoughts on sustainable art, tips & tricks etc. If you want to get an impression of my work, you can watch the youtube video below, or connect with me on social media!